If you’re a little crafty and have no fear of mixing up beauty products at home, you can make your own lip gloss.
Give your lips a delicious glow with a little Vaseline, a sugary solution to add a kick of color and a sweet-smelling abstract to finish off the potion.
Go find the little girl who is hiding behind the Maybelline or MAC and use her enthusiasm and sense of wonder to help you make your own lip gloss now.
What you’ll need for your lip gloss recipe:
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of petroleum jelly
- 1/4 cup of hot water
- 2 drops of your favorite extract–vanilla, peppermint or strawberry.
- A sprinkle of an ultra fine sugary substance like: Pixy stixs or Kool-aid
- 1 teaspoon of cosmetic-grade glitter from an arts and crafts store
- A plastic mixing bowl
- Plastic spoon for mixing the ingredients
Step 1 -Add the petroleum jelly, the sugary substance, honey and the hot water into the plastic mixing bowl.
Step 2– Next add the glitter and the drops of abstract into the mixture. Let your gloss cool for 5 minutes.
Step 3 – Transfer the mixture into a small plastic container with a lid.
Swipe a sheer-colored lip gloss over your dark red or plum lipstick colors to make your pucker shimmer and shine! If you want to make your own lip balm with a kit, click on the link below: