Keeping your makeup from creasing during hot weather or throughout your wedding can be a challenge.
But you don’t have to panic, during a heatwave, or look unpolished at the altar.
With the help of a few expert beauty tips, you can apply strategic dots of primer on your face to help your makeup stay put, look naturally flawless and remain crease-free.
Eyeshadow Primer – Your Makeup’s Make-it-Last Secret
Need a long-wearing eyeshadow for a photo shoot or fashion show?
Prep the eye area with a primer to keep your matte and shimmery shadows in place from morning to evening.
The Benefit Cosmetics Stay Don’t Stray Stay-Put Primer for Concealers & Eye Shadows, light/medium ( $35.00) will prevent the shadow from creasing and allow the vibrantly-colored shadow to pop.
Also, it’ll keep moisturizer off lids to keep lids crease-proof.
Foundation Primer – Why It’s a Must Have
For all-day hold – whether you use a cream, powder or liquid foundation—smooth on a few dots of foundation primer.
You’ll not only create a crease-free canvas for your foundation, but the primer will help hold the makeup in place.
After dotting your cheeks, chin, nose, and forehead with foundation, blend with circular strokes using a cosmetic sponge.
Voila! You now have fabulous and flawless skin.
How to Apply Primer
- After moisturizing face with a product made for your skin type, place four dots of Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Original 0.4 oz ($26.00) on your forehead, cheeks, and chin.
- Then spread the foundation primer across your face.
- To prep lids for shadows, apply a pea-sized amount of primer to the upper eye area with your fingertips.
- Gently blend the primer from the inner to the outer corner of the eye.
- Wait a few minutes before applying eyeshadow to lids with a brush.
How To: DIY Eye Makeup Primer in 5 Steps!
If you are on a budget and want to whip up your own eye primer, you can create this skin-smoothing product for less using basic products found in your own makeup bag.
- Select a concealer or liquid foundation that matches your skin tone perfectly. If possible, choose a product with that has an SPF-formulation for increased sun protection.
- Combine a dime-sized amount of concealer or liquid foundation and a dime-sized amount of white body butter in your small plastic jar with the popsicle stick.
- Stir the two products together using a toothpick. Let the product sit for
5minutes to allow the mixture to solidify before applying to your eyelids.
- Dip the edge of a makeup sponge into the product. Sweep a pea-sized amount of product over your eyelid. Use your fingertips to gently rub your homemade primer across the entire lid.
Your Perfect Primer -Tips & Tools
- To allow the makeup to seep into the folds of your skin evenly, use your fingertips to apply the foundation and eyeshadow primer to your face and eyelids.
- Next, deposit the eyeshadow on your lids with an angled eyeshadow brush.
- If you use a concealer to hide dark circles or cover blemishes, apply your primer to skin first, then smooth on the light-reflecting concealer with an eyeshadow brush.
- Make sure you blend the cream well on the eyelid; you can use your fingertips for this and tidy up any mistakes with a cotton swab.
- Another top makeup tip is to use good quality make-up brushes when applying eyeshadow as they’ll make it stay on longer.
- To find a color that is the perfect match for your DIY eyeshadow primer, swipe several shades of makeup on your jawline. The makeup hue that disappears into your skin is the ideal color to use for your homemade primer concoction.
- Other types of primer to keep your makeup from creasing include MAC Shadesticks or Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion.
- Telegraph: Smudge-proof Makeup for Summer
- Good Housekeeping: How to Stop Your Under Eye Concealer From Creasing