It’s a dilemma.
You have a big presentation at work, or a hot date…and your under eye bags are larger than the state of Texas.
Do you feign an unexpected illness to miss these vital appointments with destiny?
Of course not.
You just need an eye bags treatment to make your eye bags disappear, quick fast and in a hurry.
Table of Contents
- But first, here are a few causes of eye puffiness and large eye bags:
- To make “eye bags disappear”–or to prevent under eye bags–use the following remedies and treatments
- Things You’ll Need to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes Fast:
- 12 Simple and Effective Ways to Banish the Bags from Under Your Eyes:
- Under-Eye Bags Do’s and Don’ts
But first, here are a few causes of eye puffiness and large eye bags:
- Heredity – Genetics may cause this skin condition to appear. If your mom has bags under her eyes, start a prevention regimen in your 20’s with a nightly swipe of peptide eye cream to your taught under-eye skin.
- Natural Aging Process – As women get older, the ligaments beneath eyes weaken. Puffiness of the under eye region is due to the reduced elasticity of your eye’s lower lid.
- Collagen Breakdown – Early stages of collagen loss due to aging make bloated bags sag and look bigger.
- Lifestyle – Lifestyle can affect your skin’s appearance negatively. If you consume large amounts of salt or skip sleep, you will notice the bags increase under your eyes.
- Allergies and Skin Conditions – Eye bags may form due to severe sinusitis or dust, dirt and food allergies. Repeated inflammation may cause the eyes area to droop.
To make “eye bags disappear”–or to prevent under eye bags–use the following remedies and treatments
Things You’ll Need to Get Rid of Puffy Eyes Fast:
- Witch hazel
- Cotton pads
- Tea bags
- Large tablespoons
- Retinol Eye Cream
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Peptide Eye Cream
- Hemorrhoid creams
12 Simple and Effective Ways to Banish the Bags from Under Your Eyes:
- When you wake up with bags, gently massage the inner corners of the eye to distribute fluid and increase lymphatic flow.
- Increase your water intake. Puffy eyes may be a result of dehydration. After a night of alcohol drinking, partying, or consuming salty food beat under eye swelling with a few 8 oz. glasses of water.
- Pump up under eye skin with a cream containing retinol. This fluid-reducing agent stimulates fibroblasts that produce more collagen.
- Swipe a generous dollop of aloe vera gel on your eyes. Aloe vera is an anti-inflammatory agent that soothes puffy and irritated eyes.
- Thin, fragile under-eye skin is more vulnerable to damage, so it ages faster than other areas on the face. Choose a sunscreen fortified with vitamin C and antioxidants to protect the under eye area.
- Combat collagen loss with a peptide eye cream. Peptides trick cells into producing more collagen, which tightens skin. Think of the peptide cream as a girdle or Spanx for the under eye area.
- Here’s my favorite eye bags treatment. Make eye bags disappear with cucumber. Cut two thin slices of cucumber. Place this cool treatment on the eyes to reduce swelling.
- Steep two tea bags in hot water. Once the tea bags cool, release the excess water from the bags and place over both eyes for three to five minutes. The tannins act as natural skin tighteners that reduce puffy skin under the eyes.
- Place your favorite moisturizer in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, smooth this cooling cream under the eyes to reduce the bags. Tap the area lightly with your fingers to increase circulation as you hydrate your skin.
- Chill a bottle of witch hazel in the freezer. Witch hazel serves as a natural astringent that de-puffs swollen eyes. Soak cotton pads in the solution. Place over eyes for five minutes to tighten skin and make eyes look brighter.
- Submerge four spoons in a large glass of ice water. Once the spoons are chilled, cover each eye with the spoon for a minimum of 60 seconds. When the spoons are no longer cold, place the utensils back in the water to cool. ( image source)
- Reduce swelling with benzocaine, and an ingredient found in many hemorrhoid creams. Marie Claire magazine says, “benzocaine is an active ingredient that reduces puffiness and contracts blood vessels in the eyes.” Apply one to two dots of hemorrhoid cream under the eyes. Rub the cream in gently with your index finger to distribute the fluid trapped in your eye bags
Under-Eye Bags Do’s and Don’ts
- To double your puffy eye puffy-eye reducing efforts, apply the chilled moisturizer after using the cold spoons, witch hazel or tea bag remedies.
- If one eye is swollen two to three times more than the other, don’t use these remedies to treat the eye at home. Visit your physician immediately.
Whether you’ve eaten too much salty food, had a crying spell or experienced a few sleepless nights, you can now send puffiness packing – and look younger in minutes.