Are you searching for the perfect lipstick to line your luscious pout?
Well, you are not alone.
Thanks to a bevy of shades and formulations, lipstick–like the little black dress–has become an important staple in the well-dressed woman’s closet.
Finding the right gloss or lip shimmer seems simple, but searching for the perfect shade of red, plum or beige can leave even the most seasoned makeup maven frazzled.
Whether she chooses a matte lip color, a pencil to line her lips or a gloss or lip stain to add shimmer to her pout the hunt to find the perfect lip color remains a challenge.
But, your can find the perfect lipstick colors for your skin tone by using our guide to finding a little lipstick love at the drugstore or the fancy department store.
Ask yourself am I wearing my lipstick, morning, noon or night?
I don’t know how anyone can look fabulous standing or sitting under the harsh lights in an office building.
Go to work we must, so choose your lipstick colors according to your work and play schedule.
If your are working from 9 to 5, select creamy and warm shades of lipstick. A whole lot of pink, and a little less red will look best in the office.
Add instant glamour and get gorgeous with a dark lipstick hue.
A study authored by Richard Russell, Ph.D. in the journal Perception, states that women look more beautiful when they choose an eye color and lipstick color that makes these two areas stand out from the color of their skin.
Because our brains are hardwired to use a contrast in color in a face to determine gender, adding a bold lipstick or dark lip gloss enhances your femininity and natural beauty.
Hue, color and shade are the important names in the lipstick game.
Fair skin can wear cooler tone lipsticks that have blue undertones, while darker skinned beauties should wear warmer toned lipsticks.
- If you have fair skin- Stick with lipsticks with apricot, pinks and nude colors. Warm up your pale complexion with raspberry, fuchsia or hot pink…if you dare.
- If you have olive skin – Bronze, light caramel and deep berry-colored lipsticks add a pop of color to sun-kissed olive skin. If you want to wear red, choose a darker red with a brown or chocolate base, like Revlon’s “Rum Raisin” lipstick.
- If you have dark skin or are a woman of color – You can be the most adventurous of the skin tone. Brown skin features dramatic reds, plums, browns and eggplant beautifully.
- Any lipstick color with a hint of purple, brown or caramel are perfect for the many hues and colors of ethnic skin.
- If you have medium skin – Flaming hot reds and rosy pinks are the perfect lipstick colors for your complexion. Nude colors with a hint of peach or pink will complement medium skin instantly.
Finding the perfect lipstick color or lip gloss is a breeze if you follow these quick tips.
You deserve to find a lip color that make your lips even more luscious, whether you are puckering up for a kiss or posing for a portrait.
More Bargain Beauty Tips: