Oh, the dreaded pimple.
Table of Contents
- 1 Don’t you wish you could wave a magic wand, get rid of your acne, and banish all of your blemishes to purgatory forever?
- 2 Apply a sulfur mask to your skin
- 3 Use benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid to fight your acne breakout
- 4 Apply a sugar paste to get rid of acne.
- 5 Zap zits with a baking soda paste.
- 6 Try an at-home, handheld, acne-zapping instrument to get rid of acne fast.
- 7 Two last things you should never do to get rid of acne fast
- 8 There are so many trusted methods to getting rid of acne.
Don’t you wish you could wave a magic wand, get rid of your acne, and banish all of your blemishes to purgatory forever?
Thanks to a few over-the-counter acne medication and two zit-busting devices, you can rid your face of embarrassing acne, and reduce the appearance of splotchy skin. Here’s how:
Apply a sulfur mask to your skin
A sulfur mask is a great way to get rid of acne fast. For a cheap beauty option, try the $3.99 Queen Helene Mint Julep mask. Apply this mask to the face and neck to unclog pores and reveal clean and freshly toned skin. As an added boost to your skin, use this product to relax tired facial muscles and give yourself a salon quality treatment for less.
Use benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid to fight your acne breakout
Visit your local drugstore for a cheap beauty alternative to get rid of your acne fast. To remove a pimple fast, consider spot treating your acne. Drugstore.com is featuring Clearasil Ultra® Rapid Action Treatment Cream at $6.99. This acne-busting formulation has 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne medication, which is the highest nonprescription strength available.
This product may reduce your pimples within 4 hours of treatment. Apply the cream solution to the pimple, before bedtime, to kill the bacteria that cause acne. A topical acne cream can soothe blemished skin, reduce redness and unclog pores.
BEWARE: When using benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid: apply sunscreen to your skin, avoid long-term sun exposure and do not combine the over-the-counter acne products with other topical medications. Test for skin allergies or consult your pharmacist or physician before using these medications.
Apply a sugar paste to get rid of acne.
Sugar has disinfectant properties that heal blemishes and banish bacteria. Because sugar is less harsh exfoliant than other over the counter acne scrubs, create a free home acne remedy to fight your pimples. Mix two tablespoons of brown sugar, a tablespoon of honey and three drops of water to create a acne-fighting paste. Massage the scrub into your face, then rinse.
Zap zits with a baking soda paste.
Combine a tablespoon of baking soda with three or four drops of water. Apply this gummy paste to your pimple immediately. As the baking soda mixture hardens and dries, it will suck the oil and dirt out of your pores fast!
Try an at-home, handheld, acne-zapping instrument to get rid of acne fast.
If you can’t afford a quick visit to the esthetician or a cortisone skin injection from your dermatologist, try the Zeon Pro or the Thermaclear acne-clearing devices. Both products use a low dose of heat to zap and kill the bacteria that causes acne. These products are at-home favorites to spot-treat pimples, reduce inflammation and yield results within 24 hours. Beware, beauty barganistas, the Zeno Pro and the Thermaclear device are not cheap. The Thermaclear retails for $149.95;while the Zeno Pro will cost you $159.00.
Two last things you should never do to get rid of acne fast
- Pop your pimple. I know that you are tempted to squeeze that pus-filled pimple, but don’t. Pimple popping is not a suggested acne treatment. Squeezing only injects more bacteria from your fingernails and hands into your skin. Also, popping and squeezing the blemish can increase your chances of scarring.
- Washing your face repeatedly with soap and water. Acne-prone skin is already irritated, so go easy on the washing. Every time you wash your face, you remove oils from the skin. If you wash your face to dry out the pimples, you may inadvertently irritate the skin further.
If you must use soap, use a mild formulation like Dove or soap with a low concentration of benzoyl peroxide.
There are so many trusted methods to getting rid of acne.
It really depends on the severity of the acne and resources at your disposal, like finances and time. Some people completely rely on household items like peroxide and salicylic acid. And some go the more industrial route, like using acid face masks and IPL machines. Whether you are looking to get rid of back or chest acne, or removing the cause of acne breakouts from your life forever, use these tips to stay pimple-free and conquer your zit and pimple problem once and for all.