Looking for a little beauty wisdom to choose the best lipstick color for your skin?
When choosing the right lipstick colors for her skin tone a woman may become mesmerized and overwhelmed by all of the color choices.
Although the average woman consumes 6 pounds of lipstick in her lifetime, she can create a glamorous or work-appropriate mouth instantly.
While the following tips may not reduce her lipstick consumption, but will help her get a little closer to choosing the right shade of lipstick for her skin tone without fail.
Things you’ll need:
Moisturizing Lipstick, Lip Gloss, Matte Lipstick, Sheer Lipstick, Waterproof Lipliners, & Various shades of lipsticks
Step 1 -Stay close to your natural lip color.
Choose the perfect lipstick colors for your skin tone by selecting a tint that is no more than a few shades darker or lighter than your own lip color.
Cool tones (lipsticks with blue undertones) work best for fair skin. Women with warmer toned skin should select lipsticks with orange or red colors.
Brighten your teeth with lipstick colors featuring blue undertones. If your teeth are a little on the yellow side, your perfect lipstick colors include: wine, plum, warm pinks and cocoa brown.
Stay away from colors that are in the orange and coral family, they will make yellow-stained teeth more prominent.
Step 3 -Morning or evening lipstick color matters.
Select your lipstick color based upon the time of the day. Favor pink lipsticks over red lip colors during office hours.
Under harsh lighting in the office, from 9 to 5, choose creamy and warm shades.
Women with olive skin tones can select brick red for evening, while women with fair skin can wear fuchsia for night time events.
Step 4 -Add sheer lipsticks or matte lipstick colors into the mix.
The closer the lipstick formulation is to H2O,(meaning the wetter the texture) the easier it is for the lipstick to rub off.
A sheer lipstick is less permanent than a matte, but is easier to smear during the day.To make a longer wearing lipstick, apply your sheer or gloss lipstick over the same colored matte tint.
Last minute tips to choose the best lipstick color for your skin tone:
- There are a few shades of lipstick that look great on all women: a light pink (not frosty), a sheer berry lipstick and a nude lip color accented with red bronze or gold. If you wear a nude color, swipe a bronzer or blush on your cheeks to keep skin from looking washed out.
- If you want to create a custom lipstick color,(instead of buying the perfect lipstick color for your skin tone) consider adding one part gloss to one part lipstick to customize your lipstick palette.
- Fill out thin lips with liner to make lips smooch-proof. Apply lipstick, blot and add another layer of color for maximum staying power.
- To fake fuller lips, dot gold shadow above the middle of your lips.
- To prevent fading of the lipstick, first line and fill both lips with a matte nude pencil. Apply the lipstick and top it with a sheer gloss for a little extra shine.
More Bargain Beauty Tips: