Acrylic nails are basically false nails that are applied onto one’s real nails, with the help of some sort of enhancement material such as acrylic.
They are considered to be very safe, provided the process is performed by a professional, who is aware of the latest techniques and methods.
Many times, people who prefer acrylic nails over their natural nails face a number of problems when it comes to removing the nails.
It is very important to be aware of the correct way to remove the acrylic nails; otherwise there is a possibility that one may severely damage his real nails.
A very popular, cheap and effective way of removing the acrylic nails is to use acetone. If you don’t have acetone, however, you can remove the acrylic without damaging your nails.
Things You Will Need
- 4-sided nail buffer
- Acrylic Nail clipper
- Cuticle oil
- Soap and water
- Base coat nail polish
- Favorite nail polish colors
- Hand cream
Here’s how to remove your fake nails without the use of chemicals:
- The nails should then be clipped as far as possible using an acrylic nail clipper.
- File your nails down using a buffer with four sides.
- Clip at the edges of the acrylic nails using a cuticle clipper. Clip along the thinnest edges first until you reach the middle of the nail bed. Clip the acrylic nails away from the base of your nail bed until all the small fragments are gone.
- For remaining edges use a cuticle stick to pry away the remaining acrylic pieces.
- Buff your nails to restore shine.
- Apply cuticle oil to your nails.
- Wash the oil off your nail bed with soap and water.
- Polish nails with a base coat and two coats of your favorite nail polish.
Once you have removed your fake nails, massage the hand with a good hand cream to restore moisture to your dry nail beds.