Is there a stick, tube or small pot filled with concealer in your beauty bag?
If not, add this blemish cover-up and skin blotch neutralizer to your makeup kit immediately.
While makeup artists use concealer to cover dark undereye bags and skin imperfections around the nose and chin areas, this product also doubles as a glam-worthy foundation substitute.
When you’ve run out of your fave liquid or cream foundation, you can use this beauty gem to create more radiant and super-smooth skin in under 5 minutes.
Table of Contents
Things You’ll Need to Use Concealer as Foundation:
- Liquid or cream concealer
- Lightweight moisturizer for the face
- Non-latex sponge
- Translucent powder
- Facial tissue
Step 1: Smooth on a concealer that complements your skin tone.
Dark-toned beauties look best in creamy concealers with bronzy and warm undertones.
While glamazons with olive- and medium-hued skin need face makeup with yellow undertones, pale and porcelain-toned beauties require super-sheer concealer that is light-colored instead of golden.
It’s best to use liquid creamy concealers as a foundation alternative because these formulations don’t cake or pull on the skin.
In fact, you should be able to rub the concealer between your fingers and watch it melt into your skin.
Yes, makeup gurus recommend you use a concealer that is a shade or two lighter than your skin. When using concealer as a foundation, however, you’ll need the color to disappear into your skin.
Mix liquid or cream concealer that is the same color as your foundation with two or three drops of a lightweight moisturizer.
Rub these two products together in your palm. Then apply this complexion-smoothing concoction to your clean and freshly washed skin.
Step 3: Skip the makeup brush and use your fingertips to apply.
To create smooth and glowing skin, apply the makeup and moisturizer mixture to your face with your fingers.
Gently tap the concealer with the pad of your index finger to blend it in. Try to apply as little pressure as possible. Tugging and rubbing the product will simply wipe concealer off.
To blend the makeup altogether and achieve a flawless finish, swipe skin with a non-latex makeup sponge.
Final How to Use Concealer as Foundation Tips:
- Dust, translucent powder over the skin, to set the concealer and create a smooth canvas for your blush and eyeshadow.
- If you’ve slathered on the concealer too thickly, blot your skin with a clean tissue to remove the excess foundation.
- If you are a mature woman, its best to use concealer instead of foundation around the mouth. This keeps lip color in place and away from fine lines around the lips.
- Always be sure that the concealer blends seamlessly and matches the natural skin tone of the face.
- Lucky: How to Beauty: Foundation that Flatters
- Marie Claire: I Store this Concealer Secret from a Makeup Artist
- Concealers That Work Just As Well As Foundation (Or Better)