Finding the perfect pair of shades or women’s eyeglasses is simple if you know a few fashion tricks. Use the tips below to find the best sunglasses for your face shape this summer.
Get maximum eye protection.
Love the look of a dark and mysterious lens? Of course you do. But the darkness of the lens has little to do with protecting your eyes from the sun’s rays. Look for pairs of sunglasses that specifically say that they absorb 100 percent of harmful UVB and UVA rays.
Find the right fit.
So while its, great to buy sunglasses online, you’ll need to try them on your face to see if you have the perfect fit. The trick:If you can fit your two fingers between the arm of the glasses and your face –you need a smaller frame. The best pair of sunglasses will fit firmly across the bridge of your nose.
Pick a pair of sunglasses that complement your face shape.
When buying sunglasses, remember — opposites attract. The best pair of sunglasses will give a stark contrast between your face shape and the shape of the sun shades.
For example:If you have a heart-shaped face, choose round or cat’s eye frames. Beauties with oblong faces should wear wrap or over-sized frames. Oval-shaped women look best in angular frames, while women with square faces shine in cat’s eye, round and oval-shaped frames.
- HEART FACE SHAPE: If you have a narrow chin and a wide forehead you are a heart-shaped beauty. Choose eyeglasses and sunglasses that are round and have a cat’s eye shape.
- OBLONG FACE SHAPE: For plus size beauties with a long face and narrow cheeks and chin, over-sized frames and wrap styles look best. Unleash your inner Jackie O with large frames that flatter your face beautifully.
- OVAL FACE SHAPE: If you have the perfectly balanced jaw, cheekbones and forehead you’ve won the eyeglasses lottery. You can wear any shape of shades from angular to square. Remember to choose a pair of shades that complements your skin tone too!
- SQUARE FACE SHAPE: Plus size women with a square jawline and broad forehead look best in round and oval frames. Avoid geometric and angular shapes that emphasize your angular and strong profile.
- ROUND FACE SHAPE: With a narrow forehead and full cheekbones, the best sunglasses for your face shape are wide and rectangular. Steer clear of colored lenses and round frames which will exaggerate the fullness of your face shape.